SETsquared Business Acceleration Programme based at the Science Park
Providing the essential tools for high-tech, start-up businesses
Whether you’ve got an idea for an innovative company or are an already established high-tech business – then the SETsquared Business Acceleration Programme could help you build a successful business.
Established in 2003, we’ve already helped 30 companies on the road to success. In the first half of 2010 alone, we’ve worked with these companies to raise over £10 million investment.
Our services include:
· business planning advice
· quarterly business review panels
· market and customer identification
· access to other entrepreneurs, academic experts and business mentors
· annual investor showcase held in London (Westminster)
· regular business networking events
· seminars such as ‘roles and responsibilities of directors’
· investor readiness programme.
Our close links with the University (the SETsquared Programme was established by the University of Southampton and was based there for seven years) enables our companies to tap into academic expertise, specialist facilities, first-class graduates and internship schemes.
Companies we’ve worked with include:
Ilika, PrimerDesign, Bac2, Cascoda, REAP, Redlux
Case studies: Read about the successful companies we've worked with
Join the SETsquared Programme:
- For £100 per month, eligible companies can benefit from being part of our entrepreneurial community and all of the services above.
· For £150 per month per desk, eligible companies can access all of the services plus modern office accommodation within the Innovation Centre at the Science Park including allocated desks, break-out rooms and internet facilities.
Get in touch: to find out more, contact Alan Scrase, firstname.lastname@example.org 07825 761652.
SETsquared is an enterprise partnership between the Universities of Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Surrey which helps to maximise the entrepreneurial and commercial potential of these four universities. The Southampton Acceleration Programme is one of 5 across the partnership.
Business Acceleration Centre Manager: Alan Scrase
Alan joined SETsquared as the Business Acceleration Manager in 2012.
Prior to this, he was head of the Enterprise Centres at Southampton Solent University. He also ran a Stereoscopic 3D optics start-up company, giving him a unique insight into the inner workings of high tech high growth organisations. Bringing many years of experience working with SME's and entrepreneurial start-ups, Alan has worked for Business Link Hampshire as a Business Growth Advisor.
Programme Director: David Bream
David has been the Director of the SETsquared Business Incubator since it was established in 2003.
Prior to this, David spent the major part of his career in the electronics and computing industry. After working in research and development, David progressed through consulting posts to senior business development and sales management roles. David also ran his own consulting company for a number of years. David has a BSc in Physics, an MSc in Digital Systems, an MBA, and a PG Diploma in Marketing. David is a Chartered Engineer and a member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology.
For more information about the SETsquared Team and further contact details follow the link here