Lunch & Learn: Attracting investment
‘Business as normal’ it may not be, but here at Southampton Science Park, we continue to work hard to support the Solent business community. We’re delighted to continue our series of interactive online sessions with experts throughout 2021.
WEDNESDAY 31ST MARCH 2021 – 11.30-12.30
This month, we are delighted to be partnering with Foresight Group, Williams Advanced Engineering and BDB Pitmans for a masterclass on how early-stage technology businesses and other growth companies can succeed with external investment.
This wide-ranging session will reveal:
- what investors are looking for when considering investing in innovative start-ups, scale-ups and SMEs,
- the watchouts that company founders and management teams need to be aware of,
- what you need to do to ensure your transaction is successful, pain free and your risks are as reduced as far as possible.
Presentations will be followed by an open question and answer session.
Our speakers for this event are:
- Matthew Burke, Head of Technology Ventures at Williams Advanced Engineering. Matthew was instrumental in the creation of the Foresight Williams Technology investment funds which have now invested in 21 early stage technology businesses. Williams Advanced Engineering is a technology and engineering services business originally part of Williams Grand Prix Engineering.
- Hugh Minnock, Senior Investment Manager - Private Equity team at Foresight Group. Hugh specialises in both growth equity and cash out investments from Foresight’s VCT and regional funds. Foresight is an award-winning listed infrastructure and private equity investment manager with c.£6.8bn of assets under management. Foresight’s private equity team, comprising over 30 investment professionals, manages c.£700m in a portfolio of more than 100 companies.
- Oliver Kelly, Partner at BDB Pitmans. Oliver focuses on private equity and other institutional investment and private company mergers and acquisitions. BDB Pitmans is a leading law firm with offices in Southampton, London, Cambridge and Reading.
This one hour event is free to attend. Simply register here for joining instructions.