Revealing Catalyst newcomers
Following a competitive application process, nine early-stage companies were selected to join Southampton Science Park’s Catalyst business accelerator autumn 2019 programme.
The successful companies are revealed as:
- AUGMENTED SOLUTIONS: innovating ways to improve science, technology, engineering and mathematics skills through immersive content aimed at school age children.
- DIGITAL CICO: creating a smart iPad-based digital check-in/check-out system for water sports activity centres to transform efficiency and safety standards globally.
- EMMERSE STUDIOS: developing digital gameplay that will help teens and young adults to develop a conscious mind around social behaviour and mental health.
- GLOBAL MUSIC LEARNING: creating an online music school designed to help students and music teachers access high quality, affordable music lessons anytime, anywhere.
- LIBERATII: supporting enterprise organisations in transitioning from legacy Oracle database applications to Microsoft cloud versions rapidly and efficiently.
- PROCUREHQ: building a platform that will automate supplier liaison and simplify the procurement of materials for small businesses across the construction sector.
- STUDENT WORKS: providing people and businesses with access to the local student workforce at the push of a button whenever they need help on an ad-hoc basis.
- TALON: disrupting traditional temp agency recruitment by enabling large organisations to use their brand to build a private on-demand workforce and achieve significant savings.
- VALA: creating a unified awards and events management software platform which will help event organisers manage everything from youth football league awards to the Oscars.
Catalyst is an intensive programme of high-level mentoring and commercially focused peer group workshops designed to turn great ideas into businesses with real world impacts. It runs each year with the aim of supporting early-stage businesses in the south of England. Find out more at: https://www.science-park.co.uk/grow/start-up/catalyst