Exploring artificial intelligence
Southampton Science Park is to host a major event exploring the field of artificial intelligence this autumn. AI In Action takes place on Wednesday 11th September 2019. Registration is now open.
AI In Action is relevant to anyone who has a commercial interest in artificial intelligence, whether expert or newcomer to the potential of this technical revolution. You do not have to be a Science Park resident to attend.
- Understand why AI has fast evolved to become the leading edge technology today.
- See how AI is being applied to solve real world problems.
- Assess the potential relevance and value of AI to your organisation.
- Identify opportunities for the integration of AI into your product or service portfolio.
- Learn about the benefits, risks and opportunities of deploying AI from people who have done it.
- Consider what’s next in this fast moving arena.
- Be able to ask questions and exchange ideas in an informal setting.
This full day event comprises a keynote speaker, industry case study presentations, panel Q&A session, networking and demonstrations.
Peter Birkett, Southampton Science Park CEO explains why the event is important for businesses across the South. He said: “AI has been identified by the government as key to ensuring that the UK is at the forefront of the future global economy. Consequently, right across the country, the race to embrace artificial intelligence and machine learning is on. From retail to education, from banking to healthcare, from leisure to utilities, applied artificial intelligence and machine learning is evolving faster than humans can.
Yet, while some businesses are confidently innovating in the AI arena, many more have been slow to respond. Potentially worth billions of pounds to companies that successfully apply AI to their products or services, it is incredibly important that the South’s business community doesn’t get left behind. This is why we have created this event.”